Panel Builder/Electrical Technician
The Panel Builder / Electrical Technician will be successful in our climate-controlled shop assembling panels, and at customer facilities/project sites for troubleshooting, wiring, start-up, commissioning, field service, etc. We service several industries including Energy, Public, Marine, and Manufacturing.
- Cut din rail, wire, and wireway per the drawings provided
- Make knock-outs/cutouts on exterior of panel
- Choose appropriate size wire and tin wire as needed
- Lay out the panel per the design provided
- Print and heat shrink wire labels
- Keep panel shop and project sites clean and parts and tools organized
- Prep panels for shipping; receive deliveries and deliver panels as necessary
- Participate in QA/QC checkout after panel is complete
- Make changes to panel according to QA/QC supervisor
- Follow industry standards and project requirements
- Field terminations at customer sites; wire panels and instruments
- Assist with Factory Acceptance Test and Start-up
Qualifications & Skills
- Capable of lifting heavy materials when necessary and standing for long periods of time
- Ability to read and follow wiring diagrams, one-lines, panel layouts, schematics, etc.
- Ability to use basic tools (drills, saws, wire strippers, knock-outs, etc.)
- Able to pass a drug screen
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills
- Experience with start-up and commissioning of automated equipment
- Experience with various sensors, transmitters, and flow meters
- Valid driver’s license is required and must have reliable transportation
- Must have the ability to obtain a TWIC card
- Ability to apply HSE best practices and adhere to the RED Group and/or client safety programs, including, but not limited to PPE, LOTO, etc.
- Superb attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
About RED Group
RED Group is an Industrial Control Systems (ICS) technology development and integration firm specializing in Process Automation, IT/OT Consulting, and Industrial Cybersecurity.
Our solutions are in demand and our business is thriving. That’s why Inc. Magazine recently rated us as one of the top-growing private companies in the United States.